Re: vterm and Meta?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: vterm and Meta?
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2023 21:54:03 +0200

hw wrote:

> Your suggestion does not work with a Germany keyboard,
> especially when it has windows keys that get in the way.
> There are probably other keyboards for different languages
> with which it doesn't work, either. Have you
> considered that?

I haven't! But tell me, what is it that is supposed to work
(or not work)?

I have a US layout QWERTY keyboard and the Alt key works as
Meta both in the Linux VTs and in X, in a GUI Emacs.

This is the only setting I ever had to do

xterm*metaSendsEscape: true

in .Xresources, see e.g. [1]

Building your own keyboard sounds like fun tho, but since
a keyboard is just a bunch of rows with buttons surely
programming them with software must be the first stop to
configuring them :)

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.Xresources

--
underground experts united