Re: Set up Gnus emacs with freshrss?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Set up Gnus emacs with freshrss?
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 04:59:29 +0200

Marc Coquand wrote:

> I noticed that gnus has support for RSS.

I have used it indirectly with Gmane (gwene) and it works
great. Setup this -

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.io"))

- or add it to `gnus-secondary-select-methods'.

Then enter *Server*, find it, and add blogs from there, they
appear after the MLs.

> I am curious if anyone has taken it a step further and set
> it up with Freshrss?

Ah, sorry, don't know. Good that you can use arbitrary RSS
with Gnus even tho it is easy to add blogs to gwene if they
aren't there already.

> I use it to sync my news between my phone and computer It
> supports the Fever Api, so kinda curious if someone has
> managed to get that running and have some code snippets to
> share for how to do it.

Be sure to answer your own question when you got it working,
it would be interesting to try!

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal