Change of mode does not activate the associated hook

From: Heime
Subject: Change of mode does not activate the associated hook
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 01:46:17 +0000

Have made a minor mode named "ark" that uses mode hooks.
For a buffer with f90-mode enabled, the functionality in
the file avus-f90.el would be activated. This works well
when I open an file named "transform.f90".

But if I am in a lisp-interaction buffer and change the
major mode to f90-mode followed by "M-x ark-minor-mode",
the associated mode hook for f90-mode is not activated.

What is going on ?

(defun ark-gali ()
  (interactive)
  (cond