Assemler tools for SX chip

From: Jing Wang
Subject: Assemler tools for SX chip
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:50:32 +0900

Hi,

I'm a student of Tsukuba University in Japan.

Now I am writing assembler codes for SX chip. However I can't compile it successfully because there are some special instructions on the SX chip and the gas compiler can't recognize them. I think maybe I should specify the ID and version of this microprocess.

I used DEVICE instruction to specify the chip version, but failed. The error message is:

    0       0 [main] Z:as.exe 1000 handle_exceptions: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    0   22266 [main] as 1000 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to as.exe.stackdump

Could you tell me what it is mean and what I can do to resolve it?

Thanks.