Help with profiling

From: Ilya Baran
Subject: Help with profiling
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 22:25:58 -0500

I am developing KSEG, a Qt-based piece of free software for GNU/Linux.
When I try to profile it with gprof, I get the call graph and the
function counts, but no time.  Here's the start of the output of
gprof:

Flat profile:

Each sample counts as 0.01 seconds.
 no time accumulated

  %   cumulative   self              self     total
 time   seconds   seconds    calls  Ts/call  Ts/call  name
  0.00      0.00     0.00  6008445     0.00     0.00
G_geometry::~G_geometry(void)
  0.00      0.00     0.00  6008445     0.00     0.00
G_geometry::G_geometry(void)

I am running on an x86 with Redhat 7.0

gprof --version outputs:
GNU gprof 2.10.90
Based on BSD gprof, copyright 1983 Regents of the University of California.
This program is free software.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

gcc --version outputs:
2.96

(I know this is not an official gcc version, but profiling a small
test program with it worked fine).

Thanks.

        -Ilya

------- End of Forwarded Message