head/tail use?

From: Conrad Seaman
Subject: head/tail use?
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:29:25 -0500

I am having trouble using the textutil head/tail
I work on a windows machine using GNU emulation utilities,
if I call head/tail from the command line in dos they work great and just as
the documentation states.
however, I am trying to write a series of shell scripts using sh (Bourne)
and if I call the head/tail utilities from the scripts they are interpreted
differently by the command line and don't work as doccumented,
is there a reason for this?

thank you very much

Conrad Delbert Seaman
University Of Waterloo