glibc, sunrpc, and pthreads

From: Dima Brodsky
Subject: glibc, sunrpc, and pthreads
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:08:41 -0800

Hey,

I am having some problems initializing the sunrpc subsystem in glibc
so that multiple threads can process client requests concurrently.
I am trying to build a multi-threaded server that clients talk to
via sunrpc and I don't want slow clients retarding fast clients.
Ideally I would like each client request to be handled by a thread.

I would be happy with either one thread listening and passing
requests to other threads of having a pool of threads all listen
and pick up requests as they come in.

I am not able to have any rpc context span multiple threads, is
that possible?  Or what is the correct approach??

Thanks
ttyl
Dima

--
Dima Brodsky                                   dima@cs.ubc.ca
                                               http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~dima

"The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity.
 It is a price which the very rich find the most hard to pay."
                                                  (Sir Antony Hoare, 1980)