libiconv

From: Morten Tørmoen
Subject: libiconv
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:27:38 -0100 (GMT+1)

Hi,

I'm compiling a lot of gnu-utils for our Solaris8 serverplatform,
djuice.com. I can't get passed this:

root@cvs1 /# ldd /local/gnu/bin/less
        libintl.so.2 =>  /local/gnu/lib/libintl.so.2
        libgen.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libgen.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
        libiconv.so.2 =>         (file not found)
        libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
        /usr/platform/SUNW,UltraAX-i2/lib/libc_psr.so.1

This goes for grep, find and and other find-utils as well...

I've search alot for where I can find the package which contains
libiconv.so.2, without any luck. Many people were in my situation without
any solution. The nearest I came was somebody suggested to install the
pre-made pkg from sunfreeware...

Im guessing iconv comes from Linux-somewhere, gnome to be specific, but I
am not shure and totally stuck!

Please Help! :)

--
Morten Tørmoen