Sir. Emmergency! Respond Immediately!!

From: OVIA JIM
Subject: Sir. Emmergency! Respond Immediately!!
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:09:37 -0700

Sir,

Compliments of the day! I got your contact on my private search for a reliable
and trusted person to handle a transaction of this nature. I know that the
contents of the mail might sound so strange, but I want to assure you that
every word of it is true.

 I am the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Zenith Bank
International Plc. We had a customer, a Foreigner (Swedish) resident in
Nigeria. He was a contractor to one of the government parastatals. He has in
his account with my bank the sum of US$23.5M.

Unfortunately, the man died a year ago and has been buried. Our banking law
implies that upon the death of a customer, all deposit of the customer shall be
transferred to his nearest next of kin. It was however, surprising to us that
since his death, no one has come to claim his fund as his next of kin. We have
equally made several attempts to locate any possible next of kin to the man,
but to no avail. Until today, the fund still remain unclaimed.

Consequently, I want to inform you that since the funds have remained
unclaimed, it is my intention to retrieve the money. But due to our banking
policy, I cannot personally retrieve the money as I occupy a high position in
the banking industry. I Mr. Jim Ovia, MD/CEO was conferred with the National
Honor of Member of the Order the Federal Republic[MFR} by the Federal
Government of Nigeria. This award is an affirmation of my high level of
professionalism and ethical standard, as well as my other contributions to the
society at large. So an attempt by me to retrieve the funds personally will be
a serious jeopardy of my integrity in office as everybody and the government
has held me to a high esteem, as evident in the MFR award recently conferred on
me.

 Having noticed this, I in collaboration with another top executive of the
bank, Mr. Godwin Emefiele who was recently elevated to the position of Deputy
Managing Director have perfectly covered up the account till this moment
otherwise it would have been frozen.

Our intention now is to front you as the next of kin to the deceased customer
so that the money will be paid to you. We will use our position, authority and
influence in the bank to actualize this, getting all necessary internal and
external documentation to back up your being fronted as the next of kin. This
is therefore assuring you that there is no risk whatsoever involved in this
transaction.

What we need now is your response of your interest to participate. Thereafter
we will furnish you with the details of the procedure. As soon as you receive
this message, kindly get back to me indicating your interest, them I will
furnish you with the whole procedure to ensure you that this deal is
successfully concluded.

For your assistance, we have agreed to give you 20 percent of the total sum.

Time is of great essence to us in this transaction; hence you are expected to
get back to us immediately on your participation so that we can move ahead. In
the case you decide not to participate, we solicit that you equally get back to
us to save us time so that can contact another person.

Considering, the nature of this transaction and our position in office we ask
that you try to keep this transaction secret between only us.

I await your response.

Regards,

Mr. Jim Ovia.
MD/CEO Zenith Bank International