(no subject)

From: Chen Ken
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:42:33 +0800

Dear Colleagues:
    When I was installing the package openssl ,  I found command like this:

gcc -msoft-float -shared -o libcrypto.so.0.9.6 -Wl,-S,-soname=libcrypto.so.0.9.6 -Wl,--whole-archive libcrypto.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -L. -ldl -lc

I do not know what is the meaning of the three gcc options
   -Wl,-S,-soname=libcrypto.so.0.9.
   -Wl,--whole-archive
   -Wl,--no-whole-archive
and I can not find something about it in the gcc help documents.Please tell me about that if you know about it. I will be greatly indebted for your assistance.

Best regards!
Chen Ken
Architecture Group, Depart. of CS, Peking Univ.
Tel: +86(010)62765828-872
chenken@mprc.pku.edu.cn