Re: Conflicting getrlimit and setrlimit?

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: Conflicting getrlimit and setrlimit?
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:30:18 -0500

Sounds like gcc-help@gnu.org is the list for that.

> /usr/src/gcc-3.2.2/gcc/system.h:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_GETRLIMIT
> # if defined (HAVE_DECL_GETRLIMIT) && !HAVE_DECL_GETRTLIMIT (Dale comments:
> isn't this pointless? Won't the statement always be false?)

No, it's true in the case of:
#define HAVE_DECL_GETRLIMIT 0

You can check auto-host.h to find how it's defined on your system, and
you can check config.log to find out why it's defined that way.  (Both
are in the same directory as system.h.)

> Just wondering if you've come across something similar or if I maybe
> missed a step when recompiling the kernels.

gcc shouldn't care too much about that, although you'll have to tell
glibc where to find your kernel headers.  Be sure to read the gcc
installation instructions; it's not as simple as "./configure && make
&& make install".

paul