gcc alignment problem

From: Harrison
Subject: gcc alignment problem
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:46:40 +0800

Dear sir :
    I have some problem about member alignment during compiler (using gcc). For example, after I compiler & link one .c file to executable file, when I use it to test with message queue on linux OS, I send one structure to one message queue and receive it with another program, I found problem about alignment(data byte shift).May you do me a favor to solve this problem, I think maybe I could add some option during compiler these program, but I really have no idea about it, could you help me? Thanks!
                                  Harrison