SEC Division of Enforcement Confirmation Reply

From: ENFORCEMENT
Subject: SEC Division of Enforcement Confirmation Reply
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:07:51 -0400

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your recent e-mail to the group electronic mailbox of the
Division of Enforcement at the United States Securities and Exchange
Commission in Washington, D.C.  We appreciate your taking the time to write
to us.  This automated response confirms that the Division of Enforcement
has received your e-mail.

We are always interested in hearing from members of the public, and you may
be assured that the matter you have raised is being given careful
consideration in view of the Commission's overall enforcement
responsibilities under the federal securities laws.  It is, however, the
Commission's policy to conduct its inquiries on a confidential basis -- so
this may be the only response that you receive. If your complaint is more in
the nature of a consumer complaint (such as a dispute with your broker or a
problem with your brokerage or retirement account), you should contact our
Office of Investor Education and Assistance -- they may be able to help you.
You may reach the Office of Investor Education and Assistance via telephone
at 202-942-7040 or via email at help@sec.gov <mailto:help@sec.gov>.

The Commission conducts its investigations on a confidential basis to
preserve the integrity of its investigative process as well as to protect
persons against whom unfounded charges may be made or against whom the
Commission determines that enforcement action is not necessary or
appropriate.  Subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act,
we cannot disclose to you any information which we may gather and we cannot
confirm to you the existence or non-existence of an investigation, unless
made a matter of public record in proceedings brought before the Commission
or in the courts.

If you are unsure where you should direct your inquiry or you want to learn
more about how the SEC handles inquiries and complaints, please visit the
SEC Complaint Center at www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml
<http://www.sec.gov/complaint.shtml>.

Should you have any additional information or questions pertaining to this
matter, please feel free to communicate directly with the undersigned at 450
Fifth Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20549-0908 or via e-mail at
enforcement@sec.gov <mailto:enforcement@sec.gov>.

We appreciate your interest in the work of the Commission and its Division
of Enforcement.

Very truly yours,

S/
John Reed Stark
Chief, Office of Internet Enforcement
United States Securities & Exchange Commission