Help on generating executable on Linux

From: nicola . lisi
Subject: Help on generating executable on Linux
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:20:30 +0100

Dear Sir,
I hope somaone will help me in understanding my problem.
We have installed a new Linux machine for our developing projects.

There is a problem when I try to generate the executable, at the end I see
an error message:

/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

On my machine we have installed:

$ g++ --version
2.96
$ ld --version
GNU ld version 2.11.93.0.2 20020207
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.

I checked the binutils installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep binutil
binutils-2.11.93.0.2-11

I thank you in advance to anyone will answer me.

Nicola Lisi
Business Unit Application
Eni - E&P Division

Email: nicola.lisi@agip.it
Tel. +39.2.52062703
Fax  +39.2.52063824

Message for the recipient only, if received in error, please notify the
sender and read http://www.eni.it/disclaimer/