A problem with xgettext

From: Alain PORTAL
Subject: A problem with xgettext
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:56:59 +0100

Hi,

I'm not sure that it's the good list to post, but I don't know where to do it.

I have a problem with xgettext that is used in a makefile
-----------------------
/usr/bin/xgettext: warning: The following msgid contains non-ASCII characters.
This will cause problems to translators who use a character encoding different
from yours. Consider using a pure ASCII msgid instead.
                       Cédric Auger (cedric@grisbi.org) : Programming
/usr/bin/xgettext: invalid multibyte sequence
/usr/bin/xgettext: invalid multibyte sequence

xgettext don't seems to like accents. Is that right ?
If yes, is it possible to manage accents in "author string" ?

Regards
--
Alain PORTAL -- Service Commun de Microscopie Électronique
Université de Montpellier II -- Case Courrier 087

NO WORD ATTACHMENTS: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html
http://www.giromini.org/usenet-fr/repondre.html