Re: Error in gdb installation on i*86-linux

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Subject: Re: Error in gdb installation on i*86-linux
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:19:50 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I don't think you have gdb 2.95.  Do you mean gcc 2.95, or do you mean
some other version of gdb?

> I locate the libtermcap.so.2 and libtermcap.so.2.0.8 in /lib.
> I copied these two libraries into /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib.
> I reinstalled the gdb, and got the same error.

You also need the header file, /usr/include/ncurses.h.
And the header file needs to match the library.

What brand of Linux are you running, and what version is it?
You should get ncurses by installing a package, not by
copying files by hand.

Michael C
GDB QA Guy