Re: class desired teaching GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool

From: Adam Monsen
Subject: Re: class desired teaching GNU Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool
Date: 24 Apr 2004 13:00:18 -0700

adamm@wazamatta.com (Adam Monsen) wrote in message
news:<9b12ed8d.0404131520.6e554e7f@posting.google.com>...
> adamm@wazamatta.com (Adam Monsen) wrote in message
> > I want to learn how to package software using GNU paradigms, ala
> > autoconf, automake, etc. I had much difficulty with the book "GNU
> > Autoconf, Automake, and Libtool" (http://snurl.com/GNUbook) and am
> > basically now looking for a class that will teach me these skills so I
> > can make beautiful autoconfiguring tarballs that install properly on
> > different platforms using './configure && make && make test && make
> > install'.
[...]

Since I'm busy replying to myself, I'd like to note that Anjuta
(http://anjuta.sf.net/) and Glade (http://glade.gnome.org/) are
excellent catalysts for getting started with autotools (Autoconf,
Automake, and Libtool). They work well and play nice with CVS, Vim,
and all the tools I'm already familiar with.