configure: how to skip a test?

From: Andreas Sch.
Subject: configure: how to skip a test?
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:32:20 +0200

Hi!

I'd like to use the autoconf/automake/configure tools
for a project which uses SystemC.
SystemC is a hardware description language based on
C++ and comes with a simulation library which has
the symbol "main" built-in.

When I run configure a test is performed to determine
if the C++ compiler can create executables. Since the
test includes a source with its own main the linker
complains having multiple definitions of it.

I could simply modify the configure script and remove
all those tests but would prefer a more elegant solution.
Does anybody know how to prevent configure from
doing these tests (or allowing them to fail)?

Thanks for any pointers!
Andreas Schallenberg