Re: How to use a different ld-linux.so?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: How to use a different ld-linux.so?
Date: 28 Jun 2004 14:25:08 -0400

%% Kasper Dupont <abuse@wfbtxutyalwrmianeanaimlqcc.skrammel.yaboo.dk> writes:

  kd> I think chroot is your best option.

Unfortunately, chroot is not an option in this particular situation for
various reasons, including that it requires root privileges to invoke,
and that once inside the chroot area I don't have access to the other
tools I need.  Importing all those other tools to work inside the chroot
environment is not practical.

I should point out that a lot of work with this environment is done
inside UML.  I need this specialized invocation for those situations
where invoking UML is not feasible... and for many of the same reasons
UML is not feasible, chroot is not feasible.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools