Re: Autoconf issues

From: mike burrell
Subject: Re: Autoconf issues
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:54:06 GMT

Sensei <noone@nowhere.org> wrote:
> I will explain myself: on linux I have to check for x11 (libX11.so) and
> opengl (libgl.so & co). On macosx I have to check for opengl framework
> (-framework AGL) or for the libraries directly (libgl.dylib & co) and
> *not* x11.
>
> How can I do this with autoconf? Are there examples from which I can get
> hints?

If libgl is linked against what libraries it needs, then -lgl is all you
would need (the linker should pull in everything else for you --- try it!).
So, just use AC_CHECK_LIB(gl, whatever).

I can't think of a good way to do the -framework business, but you make it
sound like that's not necessary anyway....

--
 /"\                                                 m i k e   b u r r e l l
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN                                mikpos@shaw.ca