Re: Autoconf issues

From: Sensei
Subject: Re: Autoconf issues
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:02:41 -0500

mike burrell wrote:
If libgl is linked against what libraries it needs, then -lgl is all you
would need (the linker should pull in everything else for you --- try it!). So, just use AC_CHECK_LIB(gl, whatever).

Yeah, but the fact is that many different systems have differen locations for shared libraries. Slack is not the same as gentoo, osx is horribly different (something /Library/FrameWorks/...).

So how to deal with different paths? When -lGL and company fails (AC_CHECK_LIB) I search for the library itself and check for a user provided argument: how to deal with suffixes and paths?

I can't think of a good way to do the -framework business, but you make it
sound like that's not necessary anyway....

Ok, giving up with -framework, I have to cope with suffixes and paths?

How would you do that?
--
Sensei    <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it>
          <icqnum:241572242>