GnuGP hang

From: Scott Johnson
Subject: GnuGP hang
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:23:14 -0400

I posted earlier about not being able to generate the key pair with gpg.
The SA group reinstalled the software and this fixed the problem.   Now the
next stop.  I'm trying to sign a public key that was given to me.  gpg asks
for random keyboard input.....but ultimately does nothing.

I decided to encrypt a test file.  It confirms I want to use an unsigned key
then asks for more random characters.  Same problem as before...I type but
it never moves past this step.   Any ideas?

TIA,
Scott

Screen output below:

-------------
It is NOT certain that the key belongs to the person named
in the user ID.  If you *really* know what you are doing,
you may answer the next question with yes

Use this key anyway? yes

Not enough random bytes available.  Please do some other work to give
the OS a chance to collect more entropy! (Need 16 more bytes)
dfgfdlkgffg98fg
dfgkljsfgkjsdfg9sfdgkljsfg98kljfgsdfg98kj
jklfdjsg98kljfdg098df98dg
dfkjdlfg908098dfg
dfgkjldgd0-g89d0g80dfg