Problems telling make about FORTRAN 90 module use

From: David Bristow
Subject: Problems telling make about FORTRAN 90 module use
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 20:21:35 GMT

Some FORTRAN source compiles not only to an object code file, but also a
.mod file for other subroutines to "USE".  How do I tell make that these
files are created, and that each of the subroutines that use the modules
must be compiled after the .mod files it references are created first?

make didn't know how to deal with blah.f90, so I used this rule:

%.o : %.f90
        $(FC) -c $(FFLAGS) $< -o $@

but this doesn't say anything about the .mod file generated by some of
these files.  Any ideas?

David Bristow
djbristow@optonline.net