Re: ghostview email list

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: ghostview email list
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:23:25 -0400

Hello Margaret,

    I am having a problem with ghostview 7.07 on RedHat Enterprise 3.  I am
    looking for the email list or list of problems and fixes

Ghostview, not Ghostscript?  I've never seen a version number like 7.07
for ghostview, which has pretty much been supplanted by gv for some
years now, anyway.

If the problems are with Ghostscript, I suggest first getting the latest
free version (8.15).  See http://www.ghostscript.com/article/60.html.
(Soon there should be a GNU Ghostscript release of this, but I don't think
there will be any functional changes.)

If that doesn't solve the problem, you can use the Bug-form.htm file
included in the gs distribution to report problems.

If your problem is really with ghostview or gv, that's more
troublesome.  Brett McCoy offered to start maintaining gv last year, but
I haven't heard anything from him in about a year, so I don't know where
things stand.

Hope this helps,
karl