Out of memory issues

From: adrian.gaunt
Subject: Out of memory issues
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:22:26 -0000

Hi,

I seem to be running into Out of Memory errors during software builds. I'm
using Win2000 OS as my platform. The system I'm using is reasonable well spec'd
-equipped with 1GB of RAM memory.

What I'm not sure about is the way in which Make allocates memory for the
dependency list it creates, and whether it's this that is causing the problem.
I've been told that the out of memory issue is down to the Windows OS -
something that I'm sceptical of!

How does Make allocate\request memory? Will the amount of memory required be
allocated in a block format or will Make keep dynamically adjusting the memory
required to suit it needs?

Are there any pointers you can give me here?

I'm having to split software components into groups to overcome the problems.
However, I would like to use a single list, which contain ALL components that
need to be built.

Regards,

Adrian Gaunt

Adrian Gaunt
Applications Integration Engineer

Nokia UK Ltd, Nokia House, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, United
Kingdom, GU14 0NG.

Direct Line: +44(0)1252 866245    E-mail:   adrian.gaunt@nokia.com
Switchboard: +44(0)1252 866774     Faximile: +44(0)1252 865634