Re: carriage-return?

From: Volker Dormeyer
Subject: Re: carriage-return?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 22:39:50 +0100

 //> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:40:51 GMT,
 //> Mike <mikee@mikee.ath.cx> wrote:

 mike> I'm writing some m4 stuff on unix that is shared to windows
 mike> through samba. I want to put the carriage-return at the end so
 mike> things look right to dos. How do I emit a carriage-return?

I would suggest to use a tool like "unix2dos" for something like
this. However, if you don't have such a tool: Press ^v (means
Control-v), then press Enter after each line in vi. Depending on the vi-mode
you use, you will see a ^M character, then. If you are using GNU Emacs
press ^q instead of ^v.

The file should be readable in DOS as usual, then.

Regards,
Volker