gettext

From: Tristan Van Berkom
Subject: gettext
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 17:33:48 -0500

Hi all,
   I think/hope this is the right place to ask this kind of question.

Bear with me please as I give you a few lines describing my problem ;-)

   - I create a ".mo" binary translation file from a handwritten ".po"
     and put it in "/hardcoded_path/spanish/LC_MESSAGES/mydomain.mo"

   - In my program I call:
       setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, "");
       bindtextdomain ("mydomain", "/hardcoded_path");
       textdomain (TOUCHTUNES_TEXTDOMAIN);

   - When the user clicks on the "Spanish" button, I call:
       setlocale (LC_MESSAGES, "spanish");
     And proceed to update strings in my GUI while ensuring
     that gettext() is getting called to retrieve the new strings.

You've probably guessed by now that my problem is simply that
my strings arent getting translated :-(

Any ideas what I'm missing ?

Cheers,
                                       -Tristan