Case-insensitive make ?

From: Stan Brown
Subject: Case-insensitive make ?
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:12:20 -0500

Until recently I've been doing all my development on a Windows 98
system. On that system, using a lower-case target in make matches
an upper-case 8.3 filename in the file system.

But I'm moving to a Windows XP system, and that's no longer the
case, so none of my makefiles work. I could change them all, but
that's kind of laborious and I wonder whether there's some
directive I've overlooked that would just tell make to treat
filenames case insensitively.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/