Re: Please help with makefile

From: Stephen Mayes
Subject: Re: Please help with makefile
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:16:35 -0500

"John Graham-Cumming" <antispam@jgc.org> wrote in message
37658pF590me4U1@individual.net">news:37658pF590me4U1@individual.net...
> Stephen Mayes wrote:
>> Please someone tell me why this Makefile doesn't work, or give me an
>> example of what I need.
>> This is making me nuts.
>> My trouble is that I cannot create the object files in the source
>> directory.
>
> What error are you getting?

Thanks for asking.
No error.  But it doesn't seem to check any dependencies.  I can modify
source and do ls -l to verify the time changed, but the objects are not
recompiled and no link.  Just my "Done."

I have to 'make clean' and 'make all' whenever I've modified anything.  I
think that defeats the whole purpose of 'make'.

btw. SRCDIR is a dynamic link to ro nfs, if that makes a difference.  That's
why OBJDIR must be different.