warning: "PACKAGE" redefined

From: eric
Subject: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined
Date: 13 Feb 2005 05:46:32 -0800

i'm configuring my application with autoconf.  clients who link to my
library will also be linking to another library configured with
autoconf.  both my library and the other publish config.h which
#defines PACKAGE, PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_STRING, etc., and when the
client application is compiled, multiple warnings are generated
because the symbols are redefined.

what's the solution?  does autoconf provide some mechanism to make the
symbols unique, e.g. PACKAGE_XX, PACKAGE_XX_NAME, etc.?

thanks
eric