Re: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: warning: "PACKAGE" redefined
Date: 15 Feb 2005 23:20:19 -0800

eric> i'm configuring my application with autoconf.  clients who link to
eric> my library will also be linking to another library configured with
eric> autoconf.  both my library and the other publish config.h which
eric> #defines PACKAGE, PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_STRING, etc., and when the
eric> client application is compiled, multiple warnings are generated
eric> because the symbols are redefined.

I don't think config.h is supposed to be included outside of its subtree.
Why do you (think that you) need to include the libraries' config.h files
in the app's sources?

--
I wonder which is the best virus for unix and if I can write
a better one in Microsoft BASIC ?