Re: Case-insensitive make ?

From: Stan Brown
Subject: Re: Case-insensitive make ?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 11:03:29 -0500

"Guy Harrison" wrote in gnu.utils.help:
>NTFS is case preserving. Windows is case-insensitive.

That's what I thought too. (BTW I'm in FAT3w2 not NTFS, but I don't
think that matters.)

>If that doesn't fix it, you
>must show us - post the smallest snippet which fails for you.

Okay, here's a gross example. I type "make" (no quotes) and get

 make.exe: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

I type
        ren MAKEFILE makefile
        make
and the makefile runs with

 make.exe: Nothing to be done for `all'.

which is correct since targets are up to date.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/