Re: gdb not landing inside function

From: Kelly Mandrake
Subject: Re: gdb not landing inside function
Date: 3 Apr 2005 13:50:58 -0700

Now that im inside Get I have another problem, I want to step into a
class method.

This method also takes std:string arguments so I moved the const string
":/" out and assigned it directly to a std::string before passing as an
argument.  This solves the problem of jumping into basicstring.h but
now it jumps into HttpGetSocket.h when it should be jumping to
Parse.cpp:66

I will say that HttpGetSocket.cpp, Parse.cpp, SocketHandler.cpp were
all compiled as a static library, C++ Sockets Lib.a which httpget.cpp
is linked to.  Not sure if this helps in diagnoseing my problem.

0x004097c2 in Parse::Parse(std::string const&, std::string const&) ()
at C:/Sockets++/include/HttpGetSocket.h:44

bool Get(const std::string& url_in)
{
        std::string sDelim = ":/";
        Parse pa(url_in, sDelim);  // I want to step into this
        std::string protocol = pa.getword();
        std::string host = pa.getword();

}