problems with /usr/bin/less

From: J Krugman
Subject: problems with /usr/bin/less
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:14:05 +0000 (UTC)

According to the man page for less, the G command takes a number
as an argument and causes the pager to scroll to the line corresponding
to that number; the last line of the file is used as the default.

But when I try to use G, I get no opportunity to enter a line
number: the end of the file is displayed as soon as I hit G.

What's going on?

Thanks!

jill

--
To  s&e^n]d  me  m~a}i]l  r%e*m?o\v[e  bit from my a|d)d:r{e:s]s.