Re: gmake troubles under Win XP -- opening shells instead of executing c

From: Stan Brown
Subject: Re: gmake troubles under Win XP -- opening shells instead of executing commands
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:07:30 -0400

On 24 Jul 2005 13:00:42 -0400, "Paul D. Smith" <psmith@gnu.org>
wrote:

Yes, I agree that's my next step. I answer your questions below just
for general information.

>which is where lots of people using GNU make on DOS/Windows/OS2 systems
>tend to congregate, and give more specific details about how you built
>GNU make,

I didn't build it, :-)
I downloaded a port -- from Cygwin I suppose, though my notes don't
show it.

> what version you're using, with exact examples of small
>makefiles or fragments that show the problem, and explain what's wrong
>with them.

Yes, I've provided all this information in one form or another here.
I want to pull it together in one coherent message of reasonable
length before bursting into a new forum. :-)

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
                                   -- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)