wget question

From: ~greg
Subject: wget question
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 02:56:34 -0400

For each run, wget() can change the links in
the html files it downloads into relative links to
other files it just downloaded, and into absolute
external links to files it didn't just download.

However, when it's run again, adding new files
to the same store, it apparently doesn't re-check
the htmls it previously downloaded to see if any of
their absolute external links should now be localized.

I'm doing it with a perl script, and I was wondering
if there's any way to get wget() to do it.

thanks,...

~greg