Re: target specific inclusion of makefiles

From: Jörg
Subject: Re: target specific inclusion of makefiles
Date: 22 Aug 2005 23:24:30 -0700

Paul D. Smith schrieb:

> %% "Jörg" <joergmoellernexpress@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>   j> Currently every module is created as a library and has it's own
>   j> makefile. Every module makefile expands the name and path of the
>   j> library that it creates to a commonly used macro. The idea is that
>   j> just by including the modules makefile the set of needed libraries
>   j> is defined.
>
>   j> What I need now is a way to include these module makefiles target
>   j> dependent.
>
> What about:
>
>     MODULES = <list of modules>
>
>     ifeq (foo,$(filter foo,$(MODULES)))
>       include foo.mk
>     endif
>     ifeq (bar,$(filter bar,$(MODULES)))
>       include bar.mk
>     endif
>
> etc.?  If you have a 1-1 relationship between modules and makefile names
> you can even just do this:
>
>     MODULES = <list of modules>
>
>     include $(MODULES:%=%.mk)
>

> You'll need to give some real details if you want better answers than
> that.

Good morning Paul,

thank you for trying to help out. Actually I just need an answer for
the following question:

How can I include makefiles depending on a target (not a macro)?

I've different targets to build and want to keep them in one makefile.
The sub targets that are needed for the root target are defined by
additional makefiles. I don't want (and actually can't) include
makefiles that are not needed for the root target that I want to build.

I hope that clarifies what I want to achieve without diggig to much
into the details.

Regards
Joerg