Re: GNU sort(1) and very large files

From: TBlittlefoot
Subject: Re: GNU sort(1) and very large files
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 03:04:35 -0700

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:51:08AM +0200, Maurizio Loreti wrote:
> TBlittlefoot <littlefoot8@earthlink.net> writes:

> > > The source code is available.  Get it and read it.
> > >

> > So you think that everyone who has a linux box can
> > read C source code?
>
> No.  I assume that everyone interested in the algorithms used in a
> computer program and in its internals can read C source code.

If you are right, then he would know the answers could be found
there and was hoping for an overview or synopsis from someone
who was already familiar with the utility.

Looking through 'miles' of code, and understanding it, is a big
job, especially if it isn't well commented and is a type
of program that one is not familiar with.

You may as well have responded with: "I don't know."

Tom