Re: Is there a way to work around the following oddity with % in GNU Mak

From: Andrew Koenig
Subject: Re: Is there a way to work around the following oddity with % in GNU Make?
Date: 28 Sep 2005 11:31:33 -0700

I may have misspoken, because the example above works -- but it is also
an oversimplification.  Here's another try.

In one place in my makefile (that is included, because it appears in
many related makefiles), I would like to say this:

    %.exe: %.o

Subsequently in the same makefile, I would like to add lib.o as a
dependency to every .exe file in this directory, which one would think
I could do by saying

    %.exe: lib.o

This doesn't work because it overrides the previous rule.