Trying to find GNU m4 version 1.4n

From: philip_b_taylor
Subject: Trying to find GNU m4 version 1.4n
Date: 27 Oct 2005 08:33:29 -0700

I have a system with a Makefile that has rules including the command
"m4 --discard-comments". It fails to build if I remove the option.

Turns out that (?) only version 1.4n of m4 supports the
--discard-comments option.

Does anyone know a location for the source code - Googling suggests
using ftp://ftp.seindal.dk but I cannot get access there.

Or is there a more recent & accessible version of m4 that supports
the same functionality?

Thanks,

Philip