Re: make questions

From: Daniel Kabs
Subject: Re: make questions
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:50:44 +0100

SysTom wrote:
1) Is it possible to set a variable from the results of the execution
of a program?  My makefile needs to run on both Linux and Win32 so I
cannot have a dummy target that exports an environment variable.

What about the "shell" function?

LINUX_VERSION:=$(shell uname -a)

2) Is it possible to set a make option from a variable?  For example, I
would like to be able to do something like:

I'd also like to see a solution to this. Maybe the makefile can call itself again with the appropriate parameters set in MAKEFLAGS beforehand. This should work at least for sub-makefiles.

Cheers
Daniel