Is there a gnu "script" command?

From: Dubious Dude
Subject: Is there a gnu "script" command?
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 01:49:21 -0500

In unix, the "script" command opens a subshell from which all output
shown on the screen is captured to a file.  I haven't been able to
find a gnu implementation, but that may be due the pervasiveness of
the word "script".  This makes it hard to search for the command if it
is buried in a package of a different name (for example, coreutils is
a bundle of things).  Can anyone please point me to the location of
such a command, or encompassing package, if it exists?  I would also
appreciate a confirmation of the fact that it doesn't exist, if that
is that case.  Thank you.

P.S.  I noticed that this question was posted in 1995, with on answer.