Re: About dependency

From: James
Subject: Re: About dependency
Date: 27 Jan 2006 10:39:37 -0800

James wrote:
> When using
> gcc -M file.c
> to generate the dependency, if header files are not found, it gives
> error.
>
> Is there a gcc option not to give error (but still generate the correct
> dependency),
> so that the missing header files may be generated later by other make
> rules?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> James

Please ignore this post. You could use -MG, but it assumes that the
missing header files
are in the same directory as the source file, which is not what I want.

-MG
        Treat missing header files as generated files and assume they live in
the same directory as the source file. If you specify `-MG', you must
also specify either `-M' or `-MM'. `-MG' is not supported with `-MD' or
`-MMD'.

James