Re: gmake include makefile question

From: Murali
Subject: Re: gmake include makefile question
Date: 20 Mar 2006 06:36:12 -0800

The only difference between "-include" and "include" is the display of
a warning that the file does not exist.

If I look at "make -d" I see that that it generates Makefile.Depend on
the first run but never includes it again.

If I generate the Makefile.Depend and then run make everything is fiine
as it should be.

After another pass at the Makefile, I realised one other possible issue
which turned out to be the cause. But I cant still figure out the
reason. I had one other additional line in my makefile.

.PHONY: Makefile.Depend

I would have guessed that this would only cause Makefile.Depend to be
regenerated everytime "make" is run. But for some reason removing this
line, seems to fix the problem and now make is reading the generated
file.

- Murali