Multiple Targets

From: Randy
Subject: Multiple Targets
Date: 23 May 2006 21:41:02 -0700

I have a need for a build system that operates like this:

a.prm b.prm : prerequisite
      commonbuildrule

However, I've found that gnumake,

[yates@dsp sim]$ make --version
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

wants to execute the build rule for each of a.prm and b.prm. However,
I don't want this to happen. Not only is this a want, but it is a
need, since the build rule takes several minutes to execute (and
in my actual situation, there are many targets, not just two).

Is there a way to accomplish my goals using make?

--Randy