Re: can I tell gcc/ld in Mingw/Win32 to generate a WinNT .SYS (driver) f

From: Frantisek . Rysanek
Subject: Re: can I tell gcc/ld in Mingw/Win32 to generate a WinNT .SYS (driver) file?
Date: 25 May 2006 00:39:50 -0700

Seems that 'ld --target-help' accuses me of asking a RFTM question :-)
The essential answer seems to be '--subsystem "native"' and
'-e <entry_point>' , though according to some sources the entry point
name is arbitrary and you only need to observe the prototype...

Plus, some of the following GCC options may be needed:
-nostartfiles
-nodefaultlibs
-nostdlib  (then add -lgcc explicitly)
-ffreestanding

And maybe some of the other PE/COFF-specific options to ld...

Still, any further information is welcome, reinventing the wheel is a
pain :-)

Frank Rysanek