Re: [Q] GNU Free or Public ''system utility'' like Norton DiskEdit(DE.EX

From: Mark Blain
Subject: Re: [Q] GNU Free or Public ''system utility'' like Norton DiskEdit(DE.EXE) ???
Date: 10 Jul 2006 19:43:27 GMT

Susan wrote in gnu.utils.help:
> Please Let me know that GNU or Public ''System Utility'' ported to
> ''FreeDOS''.
> ( System Utility such as ''Norton DiskEdit'' (for Microsoft DOS) that
> can be shown ''Partition Tables and Numbers'' of ''Sector'',
> ''Cylinder'' and ''Offset'' (Physical and Logical).

I know of no GNU utilities available for FreeDOS or MS-DOS that will meet
those requirements.

For general disk editing, the FreeDOS links page points to several disk
editors:
<http://home.att.net/~short.stop/freesoft/disk2.htm#diskeditors>

For partition table editing, the base FreeDOS distribution already
contains a version of fdisk from:
<http://www.23cc.com/free-fdisk/>

For more information, try the FreeDOS mailing lists.
<http://www.freedos.org/freedos/lists/>