Re: Proper list for 'at' command questions?

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: Proper list for 'at' command questions?
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 23:28:45 -0400

"s. keeling" <keeling@spots.ab.ca> wrote:
> Anything licenced under the GPL (for me) is Gnu.

If the license is what matters to you, then you can talk generally
about "GPL software" without the confusion that would result from
saying "GNU software", when that's not really what you mean.

> btw, I think "officially dubbed as part of the GNU system" is a red
> herring.  Whether it's GPL is what counts (released under the
> conditions of the Gnu Public Licence).  HTH.

For some purposes, that's true.  For others - such as finding the
proper list for questions :) - the license is more or less
irrelevant.  Since anyone can apply the GPL to their own work, knowing
that a program is under the GPL doesn't tell you anything about who
maintains it.

paul