make: Facing problem in compiling using make 3.80

From: Faisal Sajjad
Subject: make: Facing problem in compiling using make 3.80
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:13:34 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
   I am trying to compile my code using cywin. My
source code has several directories each having
makefiles which gives the rules to compile files
contained in the folder. When i m compiling, make is
throwing an error:
Serious error: C3052E: couldn't read file
<path/filename>
C3050U: Compilation aborted.

Strangely, make is giving errors only in one folder
whereas it is able to properly compile files contained
in other folders.
I am not able to figure out the problem.
make version - GNU make 3.80
Host machine - Windows XP running on intel centrino
Cywin setup-version -  2.510.2.2

I don't know whether this is some kind of bug in make.
Can someone suggest how to fix it or if someone has
faced similar problem and fixed it or some other
version of make where it works well.

regards
fsajjad