[Autobook] ERROR: files left after distclean

From: Anonymous
Subject: [Autobook] ERROR: files left after distclean
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 23:19:38 -0600

Using autoconf/automake setup from Autotools book, I get
this from making distclean target. Bulk of these files
are from $(AUX_DIST) and $(AUX_DIST_EXTRA).

ERROR: files left after distclean:
./config/config.guess
./config/config.sub
./config/install-sh
./config/ltmain.sh
./config/mdate-sh
./config/missing
./config/mkinstalldirs
./config/readline.m4
./config/sys_errlist.m4
./config/sys_siglist.m4
./doc/sic.pdf
./sic/common.h
./sic/stamp-common
./stamp-h.in

What do I change the Makefile.am such that at least the
files from the two make variables above no longer appear
after running make distcheck?

There may be other minor steps to get it running but I think
it went something like:

$ mkdir autobook
$ cd autobook
$ curl -O http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/large-1.1.tar.gz
$ tar zxvf large-1.1.tar.gz
$ cd large-1.1
$ mkdir config
$ touch stamp-h.in
$ vi Makefile.am

I modified the 'dist-hook' target in the main Makefile.am as follows:

-        (cd $(distdir) && mkdir $(ac_aux_dir))
+        (cd $(distdir) && if test ! -d $(ac_aux_dir); then mkdir
$(ac_aux_dir); fi )

$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure --disable-shared
$ make distcheck